|Instructions to Contributors
Papers submitted for publication in
PALMS must not have been published or submitted for publication elsewhere. Manuscripts
will be reviewed by the editors and an outside reviewer. Manuscripts should be in English.
Authors should examine a recent copy of PALMS and follow the format established
The hard-copy of the manuscript, including figures and captions, and the electronic
copy should be sent to Dr. John Dransfield at the address below. Artwork may consist of
line drawings, halftone or color photographs, or color illustrations. For review purposes,
the author may submit clean photocopies of the artwork, and forward the original art upon
acceptance of the manuscript. For color photographs, slides are preferable to prints.
Vertical format is preferable to horizontal (landscape) format. The editors reserve the
right to reproduce color photos as black-and-white halftones. Photographs must be clear,
with good contrast and sharp focus.
Manuscript Preparation Checklist
- Manuscript title, author's full name and mailing address, and author's e-mail address,
if available, on page 1.
- Text should be typed, double-spaced, with page number in the upper right-hand corner.
- Latin names should be underlined or written in Italics.
- Literature Cited should follow the format established in PALMS vol. 44 (2000)
- Figure captions, numbered consecutively, on a separate page.
- Tables should be placed, one to a page, at the end of the manuscript
- Should consist of a single file, in WORD (97 or earlier) format, or saved in ASCII DOS
- Submitted on a 3.5 inch diskette, or e-mailed as an attached file to the editor.
- Figures numbered consecutively, in Arabic numerals.
- All figures should be cited in the text of the article.
- All artwork should bear the author's name on the back.
Submit all materials to:
Dr. John Dransfield
Herbarium Royal Botanic Gardens,
Surrey TW9 3AE, UK